2. Good ductility: The elongation of copper alloy is 20~40%, the elongation of copper for electricians is above 30%, and the aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: Allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7~28% higher than aluminum. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is far.
4. Anti-fatigue: Aluminum is easy to break under repeated bending, and copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity, copper is also about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability, corrosion resistance: The copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, and the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Large current carrying capacity: Due to the low resistivity, the copper core cable of the same cross section is about 30% higher than the allowable current carrying capacity of the aluminum core cable (the maximum current that can be passed).
7. Low voltage loss: Due to the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the same current flows in the same section. The copper core cable has a small voltage drop. The same transmission distance can guarantee higher voltage quality; under the allowable voltage drop condition, the copper core cable can reach a long distance, that is, the power supply coverage area is large, which is conducive to network planning and reducing the number of power supply points. .
8. Low heating temperature: Under the same current, the copper conductor of the same section has a much lower heat generation than the aluminum core cable, making the operation safer.
9. Low energy consumption: Due to the low resistivity of copper, it is obvious that the power loss of copper cables is lower than that of aluminum cables. This is conducive to improving power generation efficiency and protecting the environment.
10. Anti-oxidation, corrosion resistance: The connector of the copper core cable has stable performance and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. When the joint of the aluminum core cable is unstable, the contact resistance is increased due to oxidation, and an accident occurs due to heat generation. Therefore, the accident rate is much larger than that of copper core cables.
11. Convenient construction:
The copper core is flexible and allows a small camber radius, so the turning is convenient and the pipe is easy to wear;
The copper core is anti-fatigue and repeated bending is not easy to break, so the wiring is convenient;
The copper core has high mechanical strength and can withstand large mechanical tension, which brings great convenience to construction and creates conditions for mechanized construction.