Cable water is also a very common power cable failure. How do you solve the problem when the cable enters the water?
It is a cumbersome thing to have water in the cable. So far, there is no particularly effective way to solve it, either to make a middle joint or to change the cable.
In view of the water in the cable, we generally take the choice of prevention.
First, the danger of water in the cable
Generally speaking, after the cable enters the water, the phenomenon of “water tree aging” will occur under the action of the electromagnetic field. Cable damage will only be a problem of time, which will eventually lead to cable breakdown.
Second, the reason for the water in the cable
1. When the cable is laid and stored, the cable ends at both ends are not sealed or the sealing is not good, and the water vapor penetrates into the cable.
2. During the cable laying process, the cable head is not well sealed and immersed in water, or when the pipe is laid, the outer insulation of the cable is broken and water penetrates into the cable.
3. After the cable is laid, the cable ends at both ends are not made in time, and are exposed to air or humid environment for a long time.
4. Partial cable breakdown occurred during cable power supply operation, and water penetrated into the cable.
Of course, there are many other reasons, so I won’t list them here.
Third, there are water solutions in the cable
1. After the cable is laid, the cable head is made in time, and the wiring is completed, and the hidden danger is eliminated in the bud.
2. If only the two ends of the cable are filled with water, just cut off the ends of the cable and re-wire the cable ends.
3. If the cable has a significant water inlet point, the cable needs to be cut off near the water inlet point to make the intermediate joint.
4, there is inevitably water in the outdoor cable well or cable channel, try to fix the cable with the bracket height.
5, the use of special hot nitrogen for internal pressure drying of the cable, generally do not have such professional equipment.
6, the cable is regularly subjected to pressure leakage test to ensure timely understanding of the operating state of the cable.
In general: the best solution is to prevent the cable before it enters the water! prevention! prevention! Once in the water, it is necessary to change the cable to a large extent, almost scrapped!