OPGW (Optical Power Ground Wire) is also called Optical Fiber Composite Overhead Ground Wire. The main function is to place the optical fiber in the ground wire of the overhead high-voltage transmission line to form the OPGW optical fiber communication network on the transmission line. This structure has the dual functions of ground wire and communication and is generally called OPGW optical cable. ZMS produces high-quality OPGW cables, complete product production and customization experience, competitive price advantages, fast and effective delivery capabilities, and better product service capabilities. If you want to know more about aerial optical fiber cable products, please contact us.
The OPGW optical cable is more reliable, stable, and firm due to the metal wire wrapping. Because the overhead ground wire and the optical cable are combined as a whole, compared with other methods of optical cables, the construction period is shortened and the construction cost is saved. In addition, if the OPGW made of aluminum-clad steel wire or aluminum alloy wire is used, it is equivalent to erecting a good conductor overhead ground wire, which can reduce the submerged current of the transmission line, reduce the power frequency overvoltage, and improve the power line to the communication line. The interference and dangerous effects of the multi-faceted benefits. Because the optical fiber has the characteristics of anti-electromagnetic interference, lightweight, etc., it can be installed on the top of the transmission line tower without having to consider the best mounting position and electromagnetic corrosion. Therefore, OPGW has significant characteristics such as higher reliability, superior mechanical performance, and lower cost. This technology is especially suitable and economical when laying or replacing existing ground wires.
OPGW optical cables are mainly used on lines with voltage levels of 500KV, 220KV, and 110KV. Affected by factors such as line power outages, safety, etc., they are mostly used in newly-built lines.
The applicable features of OPGW are:
(1) Lines with high voltage exceeding 110kv have a relatively large range (generally above 250M);
(2) It is easy to maintain, easy to solve the problem of line crossing, and its mechanical characteristics can meet the requirement of large line crossing;
(3) The outer layer of OPGW is metal armor, which has no effect on high voltage electric corrosion and degradation;
(4) OPGW must be powered off during construction, and the power loss is relatively large, so OPGW should be used in newly built high-voltage lines above 110kv;
(5) In OPGW's performance indicators, the greater the short-circuit current, the more it is necessary to use good conductors for armoring, and the tensile strength will be reduced accordingly. In the case of a certain tensile strength, the short-circuit current capacity must be increased. The metal cross-sectional area leads to an increase in cable diameter and cable weight, which poses a safety issue to the strength of the line tower.
Bearing Sectional Area：
Stainless Steel Pipe Area:
Total Sectional Area：
Outer Layer Stranding Direction
Rated Breaking Force (RTS)
20℃ DC Resistance
Short Circuit Current Capacity (40℃～200℃，0.25s)
Short Circuit Current
Rally to Weight Ratio
Linear Expansion Coefficient
Maximum Allowable Working Tension (MAT)
Average Annual Operating Tension (EDS)
Allowable Minimum Bending Radius
Maximum Delivery Length
There is no news related to this product.
ZMS Cable have a wide product scope, includes: Power cables up to 500kV, AAC, AAAC, ACSR conductors, ABC Cable,electric wires, instrument cable, telecommunications cable, Stay wires. With advanced manufacture technology, rich human resource and effective management system, we guarantee all products are manufactured strictly in accordance with GB, IEC, BS, NFC, ASTM, DIN standards,etc. Beyond quality control, ZMS have been trying its best to offer much higher standard of services rather than expected.
You can contact us in the following ways:
email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR click Inquiry